Thursday, December 5, 2013

Proportion I think is most important in a drawing due to the fact it's what makes or breaks a work as realistic.  Proportion is what makes a piece look distinctly human, and often can show the age of the person being drawn.  In my drawing I started with the drawing of ovals, which I found to be a very helpful technique, and then drawing the clothes over as I saw them on Caroline.  I liked watching the videos of the techniques and found the quick draws to be the most effective way for me to learn to draw people.  I hadn't ever tried a person before this really and that was a big challenge for me but I feel that the transitions between activities was very nice and while I did like doing the longer sketch I had trouble with the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment