Thursday, December 5, 2013

For this project I showed my animals movement by stretching out the tentacles and curving them upwards to show that he's floating down into the seaweed.  The prismacolors I found were very useful for this piece especially because I did a lot of layering and shadows on my octopus and they apply very smooth and light.  I found activities like the paper bag and paper curls to be surprisingly useful when I drew this figure because they taught me how light works and which sections of something should be light and which should be dark accordingly.  The biggest challenge for me I think was the seaweed because it took so long to show lights and darks on every piece and also the octopus took many layers because it's yellow on such dark paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment